Wednesday 16 June 2010

BEHOLD

Eeehehehehe...

OK, it took me nearly four hours but I think you'll agree...totally worth it.


In summary: a wireframe top hat with crank-rod which drives the motion of flags at the end of long rods, which are positioned by a wire network on the top of the hat.  Very simple, straightforward and oh, so satisfying.  I am filled with GLEE.  Better pics and perhaps even a video should follow at some point. 


Notes for the next version:  The mechanism is a bit sticky somewhere.  Provided I can sort that, I intend to replace the masking-tape flags with more brightly coloured, larger ones, and fill in much of the wire structure of the hat to make it more stable and look more awesome.  I may add a fabric lining, to prevent your hair snagging in the cranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment