Trying to take a quick glamour shot of the two ship brooches I made last night. Not quite happy with the shape of the mainsail on the second one, though the 'hull' is better. The photos would look better edited (this one needs to be re-cropped to lessen the empty space on the right, but it had the best colour), but I don't have time at the moment.
It's good practice, though, trying to spend less time on setting up, taking and selecting product images. Hopefully if I get it working I can step up the pace!
Just a quick photo to show I've made some more ship brooches. 3 hours to make two - not bad, that's the same as it took me to do the single one previously! Using solder paste instead of chips has made a massive difference. I love the way the open wirework came together - I'm getting better at making smooth shapes and marrying them up. I might try using it in more pieces, perhaps some shapely dangly filigree earrings.
I need some better surfaces to beat things on, but I don't mind the texture too much. I'll try and take better photos later. Now, time for sleep, though my neighbours make that impossible in my house...
A twentysomething science communication postgraduate student (undergrad: physics) with artistic tendencies and communicative ambitions. Can generally be relied upon for a large amount of enthusiasm, backed by what some consider a surprisingly large variety of skills.